Thomas Boggs began working at the age of 14 for Davis Rexall. Boggs credits Mr. Davis for teaching him the basics of service and giving him his true start in the hospitality industry. At this time, Boggs was also a budding musician, playing with bands such as Tommy Burk and the Counts, Flash and the Board of Directors and the Box Tops.
President & CEO
Half Shell, Meditrina, Tsunami, Folk's Folly
Later, married with children, Boggs went back to school to finish his degree in history. He waited tables at T.G.I. Friday’s while in school and went on to work in the corporate offices of Friday’s in Dallas, traveling to open their new outlets. After leaving Friday’s, he moved back to Memphis and started working for Huey’s as a bartender, then moved into management. Two years later he became a partner. Huey’s now has 7 locations in the Memphis market. Today, Thomas Boggs is President and chief executive officer of Huey's; and a partner in the Half Shell restaurants, Folk's Folly and Tsunami.
• Board member and former President of the Memphis Zoological Society
• Food and Beverage Co-Chair, the Blue’s Ball
• Advisory board member of the Memphis Food Bank
• Member and former president of the Memphis Restaurant Association
• Past chairman & board member of the Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau Past chairman and current board member of Memphis In May.
• Recipient of the Newt Hardin Award given by the Memphis Restaurant Association
• 2002 Outstanding Alumni Award from the University of Memphis College of Arts & Sciences
Description of Business:
Huey's and The Half Shell's are casual dining-hamburgers to seafood; Meditrina, Tsunami and Folk's Folly are fine dining-seafood and steaks
Year Business Founded:
Thoughts on Entrepreneurship:
"'When I think of the word entrepreneur the first thing that comes to mind is free spirit. This, innovation, open-mindedness and having a goal are vital components of entrepreneurship in its infant stages. Then discipline, focus and organization take over. Entrepreneurs are the conceptual and visionary people who develop small ideas that turn into companies – big and small – that, in turn, provide incomes and livelihoods for thousands of people." For More Information: http://www.huey's.cc